I was extremely impressed by Hank the camper and Rich's friendliness and professionalism. It was apparent that he goes above and beyond for his couples which is what these blog post are all about. Bringing you suppliers who are awesome, provide a great experience for the couple and are passionate about their job.
When I emailed Sarah (also of Honey Bugs) and mentioned that I liked how Rich makes extra effort for his couples. She followed with "He has literally done everything, from helping to dress the father of the bride, to helping lift brides into strange positions for photos with their photographers, he even has to council some nervous brides on the way to the church!"
I just had to recommend Sarah, Rich and their lovely Campers and Beetles to my lovely engaged couples. So I thought Id ask them a few questions...
What are your 3 tips for choosing wedding transport?
1. Always check the company’s customer feedback, testimonials and if possible have a look for photos of real weddings the transport provider has carried out.
2. Ensure the company has adequate, specialist insurance for carrying out weddings. It is very tempting to choose cheap deals offered by enthusiasts who have a nice car and do the odd wedding on the side. However, reputable wedding car providers should have insurance that will cover them specifically for weddings including public liability, should a situation arise and you need to claim. Also, check to make sure that your wedding car provider has terms and conditions in place which identifies what will happen in the event of break down or your chosen vehicle becoming unavailable.
3. Your wedding car provider should be happy for you to view the vehicle before booking (either privately at their home or they should be able to tell you about upcoming wedding fayres where you will have the opportunity to see the car in person).
3 Frequently asked questions?
Will you do multiple trips to carry all the wedding party?
If possible we are happy to do multiple trips, however it does depend on the time of year, location of the wedding and the extra mileage involved with multiple trips.
During the summer months, Cornish roads can be unpredictable with holiday and agricultural traffic. What should be a short journey, can end up taking much longer than anticipated and this can obviously have an impact on journey times for the wedding. Our main priority is always to the couple getting married and getting them to the church on time.
We are on a budget and only need the car to take us a couple of miles up the road. Can you provide us with a discount?
We understand weddings can be expensive. Unfortunately, we only do one wedding per day in our vehicles, to ensure we can give you our undivided attention during our time with you. Although you may only need us for a short time, our prices and packages must factor in travelling time and distance to get to you, along with the hours spent preparing cleaning and servicing the vehicles beforehand, along with materials and overheads. We like try to keep our packages as flexible as possible and we will always do our best to accommodate your requests. We have several different vehicles (all varying in prices), so hopefully we can cater for all tastes and budgets.
How many people can we fit into a camper?
Unfortunately, despite their outer appearance, a camper isn’t a Tardis. Our campers will carry between 4-6 passengers, but this depends on the size of the passengers and the specification of the vehicle. Upon booking we are happy to advise customers on which camper is best suited to their needs. Wedding dresses come in all shapes and sizes and if you have opted for a fuller dress, the last thing you want is to be squashed into a vehicle, risking creasing your beautiful dress before your grand entrance! Aside from the practicalities such as dress sizes, health and safety is also a factor and we will only carry as many passengers as there are seats!
What are the two biggest mistakes people can make when choosing transport?
1. Leaving it too late to book! After the initial excitement of getting engaged many couples hit the wedding fayres, fall in love with our vehicles and get an initial quote with the intention of booking nearer the time. However we find that summer dates between May and September book up early! Some dates book up three years in advance! We hate having to disappoint customers when their dates are no longer available, so we always advise reserving the date with a small deposit.
2. We understand that for many couples their choice of transport may be dictated by budget. However, this can be a false economy, especially when it comes to VW’S and camper vans. We would advise couples not to be tempted by cheaper deals often offered by self-drive companies, where your chosen vehicle risks being damaged by inexperienced holiday makers or contaminated by the smell of their last fish and chip supper followed by a tandoori chaser! If your budget will allow, we would advise you to try and book a dedicated wedding camper that is only hired out for chauffeur driven weddings, so you’re guaranteed quality.
What are the best or most unique things about your service?
Honey Bugs prides itself on being an award winning laid back, friendly but professional transport provider. We know it’s the small things and attention to detail that make our service more than just transport, setting us above the competition. From your initial enquiry, we like to make the booking processes as easy and stress free as possible. Many couples are planning their wedding in Cornwall from a distance, we like to be able to offer advice and assistance to help as much as possible, in any way we can.
All our vehicles are either award winning and magazine featured or used in national advertising campaigns, so we like to ensure they are maintained and presented to the highest standards. Our aim is to make your special journey, one of your highlights of your day, leaving you with memorable, lifetime lasting memories!
How to book a Honey Bugs Vehicle?
To book, simply contact us via our website contact form. Let us know your wedding date, journey details and numbers to travel and we will endeavour to get back to you the same day. For more details please visit our website www.honeybugscornwall.co.uk
Well what are you waiting for? You wont regret booking Honey Bugs Cornwall for your wedding transport. Go and click this link and send Sarah and Rich a message on their contact form. Tell them I sent you xxx
Love the photos in this post and Looking for a relaxed, friendly and professional photographer in Cornwall, Devon or beyond? Lets meet for a nice cuppa?